Vegan Thai Red Curry Paste
– Clip the red chilli with the scissor to create a tiny hole.
– Put the red chilli into non-slip frying pan and fry the whole chilli without oil to create slight char effect on its skin.Then remove it from the heat and cut the stalk out.
– Put the chilli, ginger puree, lemongrass puree, lime peel, ground cumin,ground coriander, red onion, salt, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of rapeseed oil into an electric blender.Then blend until all the ingredients combined and form paste ( I used an electric handheld blender).
-Transfer the paste into the sterilise glass jar. Drizzle the rest of the rapeseed oil on top. You can use it to cook your Thai Red Curry straight away. Otherwise, keep this homemade Vegan Thai Red Curry Paste in the fridge for no longer than 1 week.
– The reason to create the hole on the chilli is to prevent any burst when it is heated. However, please do take care when you fry the chilli as it can easily pop.
– Watch out for my Vegan Thai Red Curry is coming soon.
-You can also create a few Thai dishes from this Vegan Thai Red Curry Paste i.e. Stir-fried the paste with your choice of vegetable and plant based protein instead of making curry or to marinate other type of protein choice.