11 Aug How to make a perfect sticky rice
How to cook the Perfect Homemade Sticky Rice: Thai Sticky Rice is a staple dish of the North East of Thailand. Its characteristic is….well…sticky which is perfect with the barbecue chicken and the famous…Thai papaya salad “Som-tum”It is quite tricky to make the perfect sticky rice as it’s can be too mushy or too dry.
I am lucky that my best friend “Nay” from http://www.naythai.co.uk/
In Surbiton, near London, UK ?? joined me in the kitchen and we conquered Perfect Homemade Sticky Rice together. The secret is a good preparation and make sure you keep an eye on the steamer. Let’s get Cooking !
100gram. Glutinous rice
-A set of steamers
-A wooden spatula or wooden spoon.
– Soak the glutinous rice in the water overnight or at least 3 hours.
– Once ready to cook, drain all the excess water.
– Fill the water up to half from the bottom of the steamer pot.
– Put the glutinous rice in the collider layer. Make sure you drain all the excess water out. Close the lid.
– Bring the water to boil. Then use the wooden spoon to fold and turn the rice gently from the bottom to the top.
– Close the lid and wait for approx 5-7 minutes. Then fold and turn the rice again.
– Close the lid and wait for approx 5 minutes. Then fold and turn the rice again.
– Fill the water in the bottom pot if it has evaporated.
– Keep doing this until the rice becomes cooked and soft. Approx 25-35 minutes.
– Remove from the heat. Fold and turn the cooked sticky rice for further few minutes to release the heat and quickly cool the temperature down. ( Caution! The cooked rice can be very hot)
– Transfer the sticky rice into a container, best to serve immediately. Otherwise, re heat in the microwave once you are ready to eat.
Tips: I uses The traditional Thai bamboo container called “Kra-tip”. You can keep the cooked glutinous rice warm for ages, easily clean and it’s rarely stuck on to the bottom.
Ramiro GuillemettePosted at 19:24h, 08 November
This is a great recipe, thank you for sharing.
Marni XutoPosted at 22:14h, 13 November
Thank you very much, Ramiro, I’m glad you like it. Greatly appreciate your kind comment.
foloren toriumPosted at 01:27h, 12 February
I real pleased to find this website on bing, just what I was looking for : D as well saved to fav.
Raphael ExumPosted at 12:30h, 14 February
Hiya very cool website!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally?KI am glad to search out a lot of helpful info here within the publish, we want develop extra strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .
tinyurl.comPosted at 00:23h, 11 April
Hey very interesting blog!